Kitty Knits

January 09, 2007

Casting On

While the act of designating New Year's resolutions is in full swing, I suppose that I should resolve to update my blog more regularly. To that end, here is what I've been working on lately:


This is the baby shawl from Debbie Bliss' Special Knits in Baby Cashmerino yarn. I'm knitting on a size 3 needle so...it's slow going. I hope that one of my friends has a boy because there is definitely not going to be a bun in this oven anytime soon...

I also did my very first provisional cast on tonight with the help of some of Jen's stash and Mira's crochet "know how." It's not much to look at but here it is just the same:

One day it will become the Baby Bolero from One Skein. One of my SPs (Thanks, Brooke!) sent me 3 skeins of Debbie Bliss' cashmerino aran yarn in olive, which is just perfect for this little project. Again, no bun in the oven...

I've been eyeing this cute little sweater with a fair isle yoke from the Baby Cashmerino book. So, I bought this the other day on eBay:

4 skeins of navy and one of denim blue. I bought the other colors that I need awhile ago from a LYS that was going out of business. It's going to be really cute when it's finished (What am I talking about? I haven't even started...). Nope...still no babies on board.

Aside from these projects, I still have several UFOs including: Backyard Leaves, the DB, and the heart sachet. Sigh...


2 Comments:

Blogger Anne Margaret said...

That baby shawl is deelish in person! It really is so much fun knitting for a baby when it isn't yours!

7:31 AM  
Anonymous vicki said...

HI AMANDA! One of the lovely ladies I met tonight at a NEW knit group was working on that same baby bolero. It's turning out very cute.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home