Kitty Knits

June 26, 2006

The Knitting Continues...

Life has been crazy hectic lately. I don't know what it is about summer time...except that I have been out of town for the last 2 weekends and will be out of town for the next 4. The grass is getting long :) Here's a picture from last weekend's wedding:

Do I look crazy in love? If not, you'd better take another look...

I went to Atlanta several weeks ago for ASCO (the American Society of Clinical Oncology's annual meeting). The buzz was around Tykerb, which I was happy to see, since that's what I've spent the last 3+ years working on. Breast CA patients are going to have yet another treatment option in the future, which is satisfaction enough for me at the end of the day. Anyway, since there was a Barnes and Noble across the street from my hotel, I couldn't resist the urge to do a little shopping. I ended up with One Skein by Leigh Roland and The Knitter's Handbook, which is put out by Knitter's Magazine.

I've been hard at work on my scarf from the cover of Scarf Style. I've finished the first sleeve and this is what I've got on the second:

I've also been working on the Clapotis here and there. The yarn is great, but it clings to itself. This is making it tedious to drop the stiches required to form the ladders. But, once it's finished, I think that it will have all been worth it. Here's what I've done so far:
I've also been shopping for other random knitting "stuff." I ended up getting a Vera Bradley case for my stitch holders because my Hello Kitty bag is too small to hold them. Then, I finally found stitch marks that I actually like. They're the colored rubber bands that you put in little kids' hair. Check it out:

Aside from shopping (which I do so well), I have been doing a little sewing. I finally finished the living room curtains and have moved on to the one that I'm making for the kitchen. Pictures to follow once it's finished...

Tomorrow is knit night! Woo woo!


3 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Tell that man to smile! He should be overjoyed to have such a talented knitter on his arm!

maybe the camera caught him at a lax moment...

6:45 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

What yarn are you using for the Clap?

8:43 PM  
Blogger onealees said...

The yarn is from Brooks Farm. It's called "Duet" and is made of kid mohair and wool.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home