Kitty Knits

May 18, 2006

One Down, One to Go

I finally finshed one (yes, only one) sleeve from my scarf...the one on the cover of Scarf Style. I started the other one on the plane to Philly the other day and did manage to do a few inches. I was up at 4:30 am that day, so I dozed off mid-knit on the return trip :) Otherwise, I would have more to show for my efforts! To quote Suzanne, "You're still working on that?" Sadly, yes I am...It's death by ribbing, I tell ya!

It's either death by ribbing or death by I-cord. Everytime I look in my knitting bag hoping to find a fun project, I am faced with one or the other. Although, I do have the clap and baby blanket to work on.

My best friend and her husband of one year announced during their last visit that they are going to start "making babies" in the fall. It's hard to believe that that is only a few months away. I have decided that all project knitting will stop (except for the blanket) when she tells me that she's going to be a mommy. I have been accumulating all of these great knitting patterns for tots (heh, tots...) but haven't had anyone to make them for lately. So, since we have been friends since we were 5, I think that it is only right for me to dedicate 9 months to her bambino. I'm so excited! Short projects and instant gratification are the way to go!


1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Have you seen that lovely book "Simple Knits for Cherished Babies"? I've been dying to knit something for a baby, but alas everyone I know has kids who are much older. Oh well....

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home