Kitty Knits

March 04, 2006

The Results Are In

The results are in: Amanda didn't finish her Booga Bag during the Knitting Olympics. I think that somewhere during the making of 5' of 5 stitch I-cord, I lost the will to live. I did learn how to make I-Cord during the event (a good thing) but also quickly learned that it is SO BORING (a bad thing). Anyway, the bag has now been added to my list of UFOs...and may remain on that list for quite sometime unless I can talk Monica into letting me borrow her I-Cord machine. "Life's too short to sit around making I-Cord."

I haven't finished the Booga Bag and have committed to not starting a new project until after I finish one of the 3 that I have on the needles: 1) Debbie Bliss baby shawl 2) Scarf from the cover of Scarf Style 3) Booga Bag. Unless I get some 12", size 7 bamboo circular needles, the scarf may be awhile, as I have found knitting on DPNs to be incredibly tedious. I think that the baby shawl is going to be cast off first...provided that the edging doesn't put me over the "edge." While watching Pride and Prejudice last night, the shawl got some serious attention. I've finished about 1/3 of the project (give or take).

There may be light at the end of the tunnel with regards to all of that Dale of Norway Heilo that is hanging out in my yarn stash. L.B. mentioned that Oberstdorf might be a close second to the sweater that I had originally bought the yarn to knit. While I do not like it as much as the original pattern that I chose, I think that I am going to give it a shot. It is the pattern for the 2005 Norwegian Ski Team's sweater.

As an aside, Physics is taking over my life. I will be glad when it's over...and will definitely be celebrating with a shot of Sky or 10. My MCAT test date has officially been moved to August to allow time for my class to end as well as finish all of the initial requirements for the Junior League. Summer vacation is going to be a blast...me, the beach and...my MCAT study guide. Good times...



2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Physics.... MCATs.... YUK. I was on that track for awhile in my early twenties but got off of it in the nick of time. Just the thought of Physics makes my skin crawl....

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I-cord can be tedious. I'm sorry you didn't finish your bag!

Have a great weekend!

SP

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home