Kitty Knits

March 05, 2006

Procrastination

I'm now knitting in lieu of studying for my Physics test. There is something so much more appealing about knitting. Imagine that. Electrostatics and circuits vs. yarn. Not a tough decision in my book! So, the baby shawl is looking good at this point and the Physics...Well, let's just say that I've been studying the same chapter for the past two days and have about 5 more to go. Where is motivation when you need it?

I am still looking over the Dale of Norway patterns. I can't figure out if the Oberstdorf pattern is calling for 3 or 4 colors. I have 3 in my stash and am hoping that that is the number that is required. I am also considering the Colorado Springs sweater worn by the U.S. Ski Team in Torino. At this point, I think that this is the favorite, even though it doesn't have a crew neck. Why don't I just knit both? What the hell...

I have started giving some thought to knitted Christmas gifts. Last year I managed to avoid knitting gifts. This was mainly due to the fact that I got several questionable "looks" the year before indicating that the recipients had absolutely NO idea what to do with my gifts. I never thought that a scarf could be "misunderstood." Apparently, I was wrong. At any rate, now that I have been knitting for awhile, I think that I am better equipped to determine two things: 1) Who will actually appreciate a knitted gift and 2) What gifts are better suited to certain individuals. For instance, my dad happens to love the scarf that I made for him...to the point of wearing it out. So, I'm thinking that he might like another before the first one goes beyond the point of my mom letting him out of the house wearing it. And, while my mom liked the scarf that I made for her, I think that a smaller scarf is in order...maybe one that she can wear indoors. I have also thought of making her socks, since she has the smallest feet in the family! :) I am hoping to decide on my gifts/patterns before the wool festival so that I can have an excuse to shop!

Sigh...I guess that I have procrastinated long enough. Time to study.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home