Kitty Knits

March 09, 2006

Always Room for More Yarn

Now that my Physics test is over, time to blog! My SP is the bestest! Look at what I got in the mail this week:
Thank you, SP! The SP7 "reveal" is supposed to happen at the end of March. I can't wait to find out who you are. I think that you're from Lancaster, PA, SP :) If so, perhaps you know Audrey Buchanan?

As for my job as a Spoiler, I think that I am failing miserably. However, I plan to start redeeming myself this weekend when I finally get my snail mail to Mr. Postman (who, by the way, is such a nice guy!). I do have one more package that I need to send before the end of the month but am having a hard time figuring out what I want to send. Perhaps I can find something this weekend...

I absolutely LOVE Debbie Bliss' Cashmerino Aran yarn! Thank you so much, SP! I have no idea what I'm going to make with the yarn yet but really like the color - goes with my hair :)

Sadly, I did not finish the Booga Bag during the Olympics. Here is what I've finished so far (plus about 4 inches of I-cord):

I'm pleased with how the Kureyon colorway knit up. I can't decide if I'm going to keep the bag for myself or give it away as a gift during the holidays. I suppose that I have a few months to think it over...Many thanks to everyone who set me at ease with regards to my washing machine/felting! I think that a broken Whirlpool would constitute an end to my life as a knitter...

I received a comment about the DB this week! You know it's a UFO when you don't even remember that it exists! (I suppose that I should add it to the UFO list - that makes 4) Anyway, she is just as stumped as I am with the gusset. If there is anyone in the free world who can help us with this dilemma, please do comment! The suggestion is to pick up 3 sides on straight needles and then increase in the first knit row in order to get 42 stitches that can be used for the remainder of the piece. I really should get going on this. It's such a quick little project...Unfortunately, I've found it about as entertaining as the I-cord. I do not think that I am cut out for making stuffed animals.

My favorite local yarn shop (Lettuce Knit) is having a yarn sale on Saturday. So, I think that I might be shopping for yarn despite my commitment to avoid buying more yarn until the yarn festival in May. I can't wait. 10 am...I am SO THERE! Maybe I can get yarn to knit the beer coozie pattern that I got from Lou. If I make it out of black and gold, Mark and I can fight over who gets to use it. Me: Theta Him: Randolph Macon Hmmm...maybe I'll make two. Is it tacky to have matching beer coozies? Probably.

Random information of the week: I just received a letter from my high school pen pal from Egypt this week. I used to write in French and would get my replies in English so that we could work on our "foreign language" skills. Anyway, I got a letter after not having corresponded in over 7 years! I can't even believe that they still had my address! My pen pal has e-mail now...should speed things up a bit!

"That's why we do what we do. It ain't for the money. It ain't for the glory. It ain't for the free whiskey. It's for the badonkadonk!" - Trace Atkins


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you like the gift! I thought the color would be one that you like (from your SP Questionnaire). And the personal care products, well, everyone can use body wash (can also be used as a hand wash), lotion,hand cream &foot cream!:-) And chocolate - well chocolate always works, right? Have a great weekend!

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Vicki said...

The booga bag is looking great. I really like that colorway. When's your class over?

8:11 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I'll see you at Lettuce Knit--hopefully early, like 10. I just hope I only buy what I need!

9:02 AM  
Anonymous L-B said...

Hi,Amanda! Please e me before the knitting group tomorrow! Thanks! L-B

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home