Kitty Knits

February 20, 2006

Booga Bag

The Olympics continue, as does my knitting on the Booga Bag. I had to go to Dallas last week on business and got some knitting done on the plane. I'm starting to worry that I'm not going to finish it in time. Right now, I have finished about half of the bag. But, I still need to knit the I-Cord and felt. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Not shopping for yarn is cramping my style. I seriously want to knit the Clapotis but have to wait until May to get the yarn. Blah. I think that I'm going to work on finishing my other ongoing projects and maybe start another felted bag project for which I already have all of the supplies (provided that all goes well with the Booga Bag). My new Whirlpool had better not get any hair balls from this or there will be no more felting for me!

I have read that it is best to felt projects while washing several pairs of jeans or other heavy items. But, the project suggests that several trips through the washer may be necessary in order to get the bag to felt properly. I really don't think that it is necessary to wash my jeans 3 times...can't I just wash it by itself after the first time through? Hmmm...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With Noro, you will need to put it through the washer several times. I like jeans in with my felted stuff. They do need to be in each wash cycle - the hot water AND the rubbing of the yarn (from the jeans) is what makes the yarn felt. You can look in your local Goodwill store for cheap jeans that you use just for felting. I haven't had any problems with hairballs in the washer. But if it's a concern, put the bag in a (zippered) pillowcase.

The bag looks great - I love the colors!

Your SP

10:18 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

What kind of Noro is that?

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A package will be arriving in the next few days. Have a wonderful weekend!

SP

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home