Kitty Knits

December 22, 2005

Here is the Latest

Today I signed up for SP7 because I had such a good experience with SP6. Luckily for me, both my spoilee and spoiler were just fabulous! SP is such a great way to meet fellow "knitaholics." And, while the idea the we should continue to encourage one another to buy more yarn or books is questionable, it's always comforting to know that I am not the only one afraid of knitting on DPNs or collecting more fiber than one human could ever knit up in a lifetime. On that note, check out all of the really great stuff I received last week from my SP6:

I had seriously contemplated buying these mitten plates myself from Hallmark and was thrilled to see them arrive in the mail. While I wasn't able to throw a Christmas party this year because of renovations, I am definitely going to use them next year! I also received Knitting with Beads by Lilly Chin and The Magic Loop. My SP also sent me a pattern from KnitPicks for fingerless mits and two skeins of Palette to knit them with. My SP and I are determined to over come the DPN fear sooner rather than later!

Because SP6 has officially come to an end, it was time for the big reveal. My SP6 is none other than Brooke - Thank you so much for all of your thoughtful gifts and the time that you spent making SP6 so much fun! P.S. I am only 25 so, if your son likes VA, feel free to set us up! *wink*

My sweater with cable raglans is coming along now that I have almost finished fixing the sleeves. Turns out that it should have been a 4 row repeat...Officially, there is no errata in the errata. However, all other previously mentioned mistakes exist in the pattern. Pictures to follow when the sleeves are set in, and I begin knitting the collar.

On an extremely devastating note, I have recently been informed that my Dale of Norway sweater may not be possible. Apparently, there is some issue with the way that the pattern is written which prevents the sleeves from being knit correctly...per the NorgeKnit Yahoo! group. And, since these folks seem to really know the scoop when it comes to Norwegian knitting, I may never be able to successfully knit my dream sweater. It is a sad day. However, I am hopefuly that, with the help of L.B., I will be able to fix the pattern and get down to the business of making my ski sweater.

With the Dale of Norway sweater now on the back burner, I have decided to knit this sweater in green next:


4 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Hi there! Just checking blogs to put on the SP7 list! Welcome!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I may have to do that secret pal thing next year -- looks fun!

And regarding your dream sweater -- I'll bet there are some smart knitters out there who can fix that pattern....

9:11 PM  
Blogger KSD said...

Oh, no, no, no, my dear --- I have definite DPNphobia. My mother swears she will cure me of it while we're there this week. I'll let you know what happens.

If you didn't see my post, the scarf you made me kept me warm and fashionable while we walked all around Manhattan on our trip. It's the scarf I'm wearing in the Christmas card photo taken of us in front of Rockefeller Center!!

11:36 PM  
Blogger AngeliasKnitting said...

Hi! I was going through the Secret Pal 7 participant blogs & found your. (I have this idea that somehow, I'll get to all of the SP7 blogs).

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home