Kitty Knits

November 30, 2005

Ker-Knit on Tour

Today is the 30th, so you know what that means: Today the frog gets a name. I received so many great suggestions that made it a tough call. However, I picked "Ker-Knit" (sent to me by Mary). Since there was considerable discussion around whether it should be a boy or a girl, I decided that unisex was the way to go. Ker-Knit went to knit night a couple of weeks ago to the meet the "Panera Knitterati." Check out the pics:

Oh no! It looks like we've got the clap! The Clapotis, that is. One...two...three in this picture alone (not to mention all of the ones that didn't make it to circle that night). I'm starting to feel "out of loop" for not having knit one. It definitely has "future project" potential.

I HAVE BEEN SCARVED! (big smile) Lookie!

It's just beautiful! I can't wait to take it out for a test drive. Many thanks to my secret Scarf Me! pal for taking the time to knit me such a fabulous scarf.

I think that Melanie and I figured out what to do about the sweater with cable raglans pattern (other than throw it in the trash). I have again knit a sweater that will, most likely, be too big for me. Of course, it doesn't help that I managed to somehow loose 12 lbs. during the time that it has taken me to knit the back, front and one sleeve. I think that this is the first time in my life that 1) I have no idea how I lost weight and 2) Wish that I hadn't. Anyway, there is hope for the sleeves. There is errata in the errata (ie. it should be a 2 row repeat, not 4). My blood pressure is now back to normal.

As for the neighbors and their Christmas "decorations" (Yes, I'm using the term lightly), I have yet to trot down the street and take pictures. Do you even use the flash for something like this? I mean, half of the street is illuminated by this house. Perhaps I need take one at night and one during the day in order to attempt to do this house justice...


4 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Hey, I dont look barfy! I did not break the camera! Actually a nice picture of us all and the claps too. Luv me some CLAP!

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Your scarf pal said...

I'm so glad the scarf made it there safely!! I still haven't heard anything from Cara, so I'm not sure what's happening to everyone else involved in the exchange, but I'm glad that your scarf made it to you safe and sound. :)

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Your SP6 said...

Ohhhh, Ker-Knit looks so happy!! I am glad he has a nice home. Soooo, let me ask you - have you sent our your last SP6 and revealed yourself to your SP?? Some of my friends have.... i was going to wait til the bitter end, but now must re-think.... do ya want to know now?? or at the end of the month - say 12/25 under a tree??

3:24 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Well, I'm pleased and proud that you chose the name I made up on the spot, on a whim. I am definitely going to have to come to SnB sometime this soon and meet Ker-knit(and you!). :-)

As far as the weight loss -- that sounds serious. Please go get it checked out by your doctor. Losing 12 pounds without knowing why is significant.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home