Kitty Knits

November 28, 2005

Just Shoot Me!

As though having my very first sweater not fit wasn't disappointing enough. Oh no! I persevered, people!! And now...I am feeling the urge to lay both sweaters out nicely on the front lawn and...DRIVE OVER THEM WITH THE LAWN MOWER! (Me oh my, what would the homeowners association have to say about that?!? Speaking of homeowners, just you WAIT until you see the pictures I'm going to post of my neighbor's Christmas decorations. Brace yourself, people. It's gonna get ugly...or should I say tacky, since I am sure that the tacky light tour bus will be making frequent stops for Richmond's viewing "pleasure." If their s#&* doesn't make the paper, I don't know what will...)

Do you realize that, now that I have knit several 4 row repeats, that the sleeve (including the cuff that is to be folded over) is now 24.5" long? Did I mention that I still have 42 stitches on the needles, which means that I need to knit an additional 36 rows. Every 4 rows equals approximately 1" leaving me with sleeves that are almost 34"s long -- yes, almost 3 feet of sleeve. Crap. Better yet..."WTF?" (in the "words" of Monica's bumper sticker) Needless to say, I will be taking my happy ass to knit night tomorrow to figure out "WTF" is going on with my sleeve.

"Hallelujah, holy shit....where's the Tylenol?" - Clark W. Griswald, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (a seasonal viewing tradition pour moi)

P.S. My Scarf Me! scarf is en route from Canada as I speak. Bangin'...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home