Kitty Knits

October 09, 2005

Back to Blogging

The PC is fixed and Ribbity Knits is back in business...

Vicki and I had a good time at the Fall Fiber Festival. I had my very first taste of kettle corn (yummy!) and sheep sheering. Luckily, we had enough room for all of the yarn! The vendors were good, but I think that the spinners had the upper hand. But then, it would have been a "yarn festival" and not a "fiber festival" if it were any other way! Anyway, here's what I ended up with:

The yarn is "Salsa." It is a mohair/wool blend that comes from Dancing Leaf Farm in Barnesville, MD. They have great knitting kits and fabulous yarn...I'm smitten! Check it out: http://www.dancingleaffarm.com I have already put this yarn to good use making a scarf for yours truly. It's made using 2 x 2 rib on size 9 needles. I cast on 36 stitches after I cut 10" fringe. I also got this for another scarf:

It's super soft wool that even smells good! Go figure...I left it in the bag on the floor, and the lhasas have been sniffing it ever since. After watching them for awhile, I had to see what all the fuss was about :)

Now on to SP6...Many thanks to my SP for my split stitch marks and Halloween sweeties! I plan to put them to good use. Well, I guess that you could say that I've already put the chocolate to good use! On the flip side, I have finally gotten everything boxed to send to my "spoilee." Because she likes socks and lace, two skeins of Koigu are now headed her way. I hope that she likes it!

As for the Scarf Me! scarf...I decided that, while I love the colors in the Manos, I thought that I could do better in terms of yarn that suits my pal. So, I went to Yarn Lounge and got some Jo Sharp Silkroad DK Tweed in purple. She said that she likes purple and tweed, so I don't think that I can go wrong. I only bought one skein (147 yds), so I am going to take Vicki's suggestion and make a drop stitch scarf. So many projects, so little time!


1 Comments:

Blogger ChrisWoznitza said...

Hi I´m Chris. Greatings from Germany Bottrop !!

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home