Kitty Knits

September 16, 2005

Has It Really Been This Long?

I cannot believe that it has been almost a month since my last post! Where does the time go? I might not have been busy posting, but I have been busy knitting! To start, I finally "finished" the Shawl Collar Pullover from Fall 2004 Vogue Knitting. It's too big under the arms, so I am going to have to take it in. The girls at knitting circle suggested everything from sewing (anything to use the Bernina!) to re-seaming the sides. So for now, if I looked like Barbie, I would have myself a fabulous sweater. Is making your first sweater always this big of a PITA (pain in the ass)? Anyway, here it is (the pictures do not do it justice -- it's made with such great yarn and is such a nice color):

Okay, so as if making the first one wasn't bad enough, I've decided that I have to make the Sweater with Cable Raglans from Debbie Bliss' Book Four. This is what it's going to look like:

And so far, this is what I have:

Here's to my first cables...and my lost Brittany Burch cable needle. While I do love to knit and fly, I am forever losing things...especially things that I drive 30 minutes outside of Baltimore each way to find. Blah! If only I could find a website that sells them...

Aside from sweaters, I have finally ordered/received my new knitting bag. At first I went for a Vera Bradley. However, when I realized that it was seriously more like a piece of luggage, I committed. Many thanks to Melanie for turning me on to this great bag!

Okay, now on to SP6 and Scarf Me! I received an e-mail from my SP6 "spoiler" and have made contact with my SP6 "spoilee." Is SP6 me or what?!? I mean, not only do I get an excuse to buy MORE YARN, but I also get presents!! The girls seem nice, so maybe I'll make some BFFs (yes, I said "BFFs"). Haa, haa! Let's see, I guess that I should put some info on here to profile myself as a knitter...

I love all Debbie Bliss, Rowan and Karabella yarns. Since I have auburn hair, I love navy blue, white, kelly green and black. I only use wooden needles and...my biggest wish is to learn to fair isle knit. I love to ski and the Dale of Norway Ski Team sweaters are b*&^%in!

My Scarf Me! pal likes purple. I was so excited to get the opportunity to use some of my stash for this project and, while purple is my favorite color, I don't have any purple yarn. Doesn't that just figure...Oh well, I suppose that this is yet another excuse to buy MORE YARN. I'm seeing a trend here...

As an aside, it is still 90 degrees here and I still cannot figure out why my Weather Pixie isn't in a bikini. Stop the insanity!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home