Kitty Knits

August 07, 2005

Yarn Drama!

I have been completely distressed lately because I have run out of yarn for my Shawl Collar Pullover from the Winter 2004 Vogue Knitting (Pattern #22). After checking with the LYS where I bought the yarn (only to find that they no longer have my dye lot) I proceeded to call almost every yarn store in the free world. And, let me tell you, that's a lot of yarn stores! I bought one skein of another dye lot from this fabulous store in Baltimore, MD (Woolstock Yarn Shop, you rock!) and knitted it in but took it out after seeing the clear difference in color. Anyway, I finally thought to myself, "Duh, why don't I just post for it on a few knitting forums?!?" So, don't you know that I stated my plea on the Knitter's Review Forum and within 3 days, I had found someone with 13 skeins of my dye lot who is willing to sell them to me! Whew. I am SO donating to that board as soon as I receive my yarn...

Well, as if my yarn stash is not big enough as it is, I proceeded to surf the forum only to find this lovely knitter who was selling 3 skeins of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in the dye lot that I am using for the Baby Shawl featured in Debbie Bliss' Special Knits. She then sweetened the deal by agreeing to send me an additional, partially used skein. So, I am getting 3 1/2 skeins of the yarn for $15.00 (including shipping). Life is good. After my scare with the sweater, extra yarn is now a must!

Work on the bunny (Debbie Bliss' Special Knits p. 32) is progressing slowly. Who would have ever thought that knitting a stuffed animal could be so tedious?!? I am hoping to have it finished in time for the shower in September. So far, only the face and the gusset have been finished. Legs and arms...always a plus. In commemoration of my efforts, I have submitted a request to join the Bunny KAL.

I am sure that every blog is inspired by something. Here's mine:

Is this the cutest change purse ever or what?!? Many thanks for this little gift.

He's got that raised eyebrow...how Pierce Brosnan.

I'm spent. Re-building the blog and cutting the pieces for the living room curtains took a lot of work. Time to knit!


1 Comments:

Anonymous KK said...

I found your old post via a Google search for help on Bliss's Special Knits Rabbit. I have completed all the pieces EXCEPT the gusset. I am stuck at "pick up and knit 42 st." I'm using circular needles. I can only pick up half the amount of stitches before it gets too tight.

The instructions do not mention a specific needle type. Did you use double pointed needles and knit in the round (like socks - only I've never knitted socks so maybe that's why I can't figure this out). Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! (kegwarp9@gmail.com)

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home